When you’re in the market for a new roof, you know how big the investment can be. The roof is the single most important aspect of your house, as it puts shelter over your head. Never take looking for a roofing contractor lightly; you don’t want to let just anyone handle the job. Here is some basic information when searching for a roofing contractor that will help you narrow down your choice.
1. If you are taking bids for your roof, don’t immediately accept the lowest bid. This low bid may be an indication of poor quality materials and low quality work. On the other hand, it could just indicate that they have a low overhead or a source of good quality materials at a lower price. If you’re in doubt, ask them how they arrived at their number.
2. Look into how long the company has been in business for. An established company will likely be around in the future if any problems occur.
3. Ask the roofing company for references. A good roofing contractor should be happy to oblige you with a list of previous customers. Keep in mind that the contractor will not likely give you contact numbers of the unsatisfied customers. Check the website womo.com.au (Word of Mouth Online), this is where you will find those unhappy customers, if there are any.
4. Check to see if the contractor uses subcontractors. Subcontractors are often paid on a per job basis, which can result in poor workmanship as the job may be completed as fast as possible.
5. Make sure the company supplies a written contact and estimate. All job specifications and prices should be supplied in writing. Supplying a deposit is common, just be wary of any contractor that requests more that 1/3 of the cost of the project.
6. Ask the roofing contractor to provide you with proof of insurance, including workers compensation and liability coverage. Check with the contractor to verify that the insurance covers the entire time-span during which the roofing project takes place.
7. Look for a roofer with good communication skills. This way you will have someone you can talk to about the project, and who will readily answer all your questions and will keep you informed every step of the way. Hiring a roofer with poor communication skills can lead to misunderstanding and a finished job you you may not be satisfied with.
8. Look for a contractor who offers emergency service. A contractor who offers emergency service will be able to address a serious problem quickly, even after business hours.
Here at Amazing Roof Restorations we have been employing knowledgeable roofing contractors and tradespeople for over a decade. With industry leading service and advanced roofing materials, we guarantee you will be satisfied!